Thursday night like most Thursday nights I headed out to trivia to hang out with friends and have fun, sure it was a slushy mess from the first snow of the winter but it wasn't that bad.
We order our food, trivia starts, we get our food and chat over the questions to see if we can figure out the answer because we all know what the Greek revival was called in England right? And then it happens the lights flicker the music stutters and flash - it's out no power. No problem we've got cell phones and a flashlight we finish eating... powers still not on.... people start paying with the cash they have left and go home and then comes time for our table. Powers not going to be back for hours so we'll go home and I pull out my wallet...
Not my wallet, nope the girls had been playing with my purse and pulled a switch-a-roo on me. My wallet was home their wallet the one with just the child identification card no money no nothing was all I had. We all burst out laughing at the antics of the night and get paymet figured out (love my friends and VV btw!) and I head out.
We needed milk at home and a few other things so I drive past home to target and get in the parking lot only to remember I don't have my wallet on me so back home I go get my real wallet and head back to the store. By the time I get home T's got both girls in bed and just chilling out waiting for me to get home so we can watch a show before bed.
We order our food, trivia starts, we get our food and chat over the questions to see if we can figure out the answer because we all know what the Greek revival was called in England right? And then it happens the lights flicker the music stutters and flash - it's out no power. No problem we've got cell phones and a flashlight we finish eating... powers still not on.... people start paying with the cash they have left and go home and then comes time for our table. Powers not going to be back for hours so we'll go home and I pull out my wallet...
Not my wallet, nope the girls had been playing with my purse and pulled a switch-a-roo on me. My wallet was home their wallet the one with just the child identification card no money no nothing was all I had. We all burst out laughing at the antics of the night and get paymet figured out (love my friends and VV btw!) and I head out.
We needed milk at home and a few other things so I drive past home to target and get in the parking lot only to remember I don't have my wallet on me so back home I go get my real wallet and head back to the store. By the time I get home T's got both girls in bed and just chilling out waiting for me to get home so we can watch a show before bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment