Sep 19, 2009

Just another Saturday morning...

Last night Tim & I went bowling at friends and rather than have a babysitter from 9pm to who knows when we called up my mom to see if Ella could spend the night. She said yes, and it was a go. We had lots of fun and were out past 11pm (haven't done that in years!) and only came home because we were so tired, as Fridays are my drive to Nyack and back days. Which I love by the way and it is so nice to see my co-workers! So then because I had an appointmet at 10:30am I left home at 8am to pick up Ella at my mom's. Girl was still sleeping when I got there and woke up in a beautiful mood ready to face the day! I love this girl!!

So we left my mom's and headed home for the appointment to look at the pictures we took last week. They were AWESOME and expensive! Not sure if we will get any but oh how I would love to have them all, but alas its not in the budget so we will see. Then on the way home I saw neighborhood garage sale signs. With $1 in my pocket (thanks to a DD stop for breakfast) I stopped at a promising spot too see if there was anything running home for cash with. We looked and Ella found some great fisher price tool stations she liked and then happened upon a tea party set, for... $1! Yey! So with an excited step in her feet and a HUGE grin on her face we paid for the tea party to go home.

We arrived home and while I'd love to go out again to the garage sales I'm not sure where Tim keeps the cash (smart boy!). So Ella's been playing Tea Party non-stop, made it up all on her own. It really is amazing how they just know how to play! And I went to see if the charger we got for the leaf blower worked and while blowing leaves off of our back cement slab aka patio I discovered there were stones layed down covered with dirt. So I got out the how and started removing the roots that were tangled up over them and discovered a nicely laid out flower bed that I'm going to restore next year! So having resurfaced the garden I needed to use the mower to fly out the layer of dirt that had it raised up to high. So now the back lawn is mowed. Bonus was Ella played on the patio the whole time happy as a clam.

And now its noon and my day is just begining. Yey for good days like today!

PS the picture is from labor day weeked on our trip up to camp ;)

No comments: