Aug 7, 2010

The New Addition

Better late than never right?


Around 2am on June 12th I started to go into labor, just couldn't sleep so I got up and wandered around then house and then the contractions started. And kept going and started to hurt, so I jumped into the shower and that was nice and then I woke up Tim and decided if they kept up for a bit longer we would call my mom. So around 5am we called my mom and woke her up and she headed over to our house. We called the Dr's office to let them know and they told us to head to the hospital. So around 6am when my mom got to the house we headed to the hospital.

After getting checked in and me realizing I just couldn't focus I called for drugs. The Epi guy was backed up so they gave me something else (that I can't remember) to help with the pain and tide me over till the epi guy could rescue me. The time all blended together and I have no idea when everything happened. My nurse, nurse Ellen was AMAZING! I loved her and she helped me so much when we got down to the end. Pushing lasted for less than 10 minutes and that was with having to stop because of the cord being wrapped around her head and the Dr. getting it loosened. Out came Elisabeth with a total (intense) labor of less than 12 hrs.

Our New Family
Photo copyrighted from iSmile:

No comments: