Apr 17, 2008

Check Your Plastics at the Door

So I rarely get involved in the whole ~WARNING DO NOT USE~ fanatics that happen but this is one to be considered its right up there with lead in toys and hasn't gotten much attention in the US yet.

Canada is currently in process to have all BPA banned/illegal for import/creation in the country and the US would be well to do the same.

I'm no expert and I am no lemming either so I'll give the little I know and let you made a judgement call for yourself and what to do for your health.

Basically BPA is a toxin used in the process of making SOME plastics (not all). All plastics have a number code on the bottom and those with a 3, 6, & 7 are at fault for containing BPA.

Now what as me ticked about this is it is a known carcenagenic among a few other lovely things and baby food manufcaurers seem to feel that it is safe to contain baby food, to make bottles, pacifiers, spoons, etc.... for use with young children! grrrr....

So check out http://safemama.com/ read up and learn more and do what you feel is best for you and your family

Much love,

Melinda

No comments: